Cockroach Pest Control
We Offer Professional Cockroach Pest Control
BOOK ONLINE NOW AND GET A FREE QUOTE
Discounted appointments available
They might not cause immediate harm to humans but the presence of cockroaches in your building can make your skin crawl. While they have lived for centuries and some claim – through the age of dinosaurs – effective cockroach pest control can prevent them from taking over your premises. Oz Pest Adelaide is a professional cockroach exterminator with several years of experience and with an eco-friendly approach to pest control.
Signs You Require Cockroach Control in Adelaide
Dealing with a cockroach infestation is not something you want to encounter, but it is possible. Identifying you have a problem early allows you to enlist the services of roach pest control and eliminate the infestation. These are some of the signs that demonstrate you could have an infestation of roaches.
- An obvious sign is physically seeing cockroaches around the property. Traditionally, roaches are nocturnal insects and seek their food when it’s dark and quiet. You’d probably find them scattering as you turn on the lights. Finding roaches in daylight is a sure sign of an infestation. It simply means that overcrowding and a lack of food have driven them to hunt for nutrition in the day.
- Cockroaches are aggressive breeders. You will definitely find traces of this if they are using your property as their breeding ground. They don’t lay single eggs but instead lay capsules known as oothecae which contain roughly 50 eggs. Oothecae are brown, off-shaped casings that you may discover in pantries, behind furniture and in dark, protected areas. Whether they have hatched or not, you require effective roach control.
- When the infestation goes on for a long time, you’ll begin to receive a foul smell in the areas where they’re living. They produce a musty odour which comes from a pheromone in their droppings. Furthermore, dead cockroaches release oleic acid during decomposition, which can taint the air and affect the taste of food.
Brown Banded Cockroach
Tips for Getting More Value from Cockroach Extermination
Nobody plans on sharing their space with pests, especially roaches. However, when you’re faced with a situation and have had the professionals come in to remove the infestation, it’s down to you to prevent a similar scenario in the future. Since they use your premises to source food and water, you have to eliminate the attraction for them.
- Summer is the most common season for roaches to venture indoors. As a way of seeking cooler pastures, they try to find the ideal space to spend the warm days and nights. Roaches can enter through cracks and crevices in the building and gaps in the doors and windows. Take action by sealing those gaps to prevent roaches from entering.
- Crumbs are solid meals for roaches and any trace of the smallest food scrap sends a signal to them to come hunting. Use your broom or vacuum cleaner to regularly remove any potential meal for roaches while moving appliances to clean underneath. Start adopting healthy habits such as wiping down your kitchen counters every evening with an all-purpose cleaner and reduce the spread of crumbs by limiting eating to the dining room or kitchen.
- Moisture is a natural attraction for roaches which is why you should focus on eliminating it around the property. Use a dehumidifier to keep typically damp areas dry. As a result, you starve roaches of their ideal environment. Furthermore, repair leaky taps and pipes immediately and inspect the sites near the toilet, basin and shower for added moisture.
Why Choose Oz Pest Adelaide
With over 14 years of experience in pest control, we are undoubtedly a leader in the industry here in South Australia. We are a family business that partners with home and business owners to eliminate pest infestations. As an award-winning operation, we never drop our standard of work which we support with a three-month warranty.
Contact us to address your cockroach infestation.
Speak with an expert in cockroach control
Contact us today to speak about your pest control needs!