Spider Control Adelaide
Protect Your Home with Spider Control in Adelaide
BOOK ONLINE NOW AND GET A FREE QUOTE
Discounted appointments available
Barring Spiderman, most people are either afraid of or have a severe disdain for arachnids. The reality is that some spiders are harmless, while others can cause destruction to your property and put you in danger. Before their presence turns into an uncontrollable infestation, it’s wise to request spider control in Adelaide. Oz Pest Adelaide is a business that takes care of your property by offering our spider control services.
Signs You Require Spider Infestation Control
Finding spiders in various parts of your property isn’t a wonderful discovery. Whether you have a genuine phobia or not, nobody likes the crawling feeling that spiders exude. Other than addressing the spiders in the rooms, selling your property and relocating seems to be the appropriate action. Before you make any drastic decisions, however, it’s essential to determine if you have an infestation and require professional spider removal.
- The most obvious sign of the presence of spiders is the webs they create to catch prey. Inspect your premises thoroughly for various types of webs, including funnel-shaped webs. Discovering a few webs doesn’t necessarily translate to an infestation. However, if you’re finding webs popping up in every area of your home or office, it’s a cause for concern.
- Spiders commonly mate in the Autumn when the Australian heat subsides. After mating, the mother lays eggs that they store in a silk spun sac. Every sac contains hundreds of eggs they attach to various surfaces, or the web itself. If you come across the eggs, remove it immediately, however, if you’ve noticed the sacs in a few areas around the property, it may be too late and you’ll soon have an army of spiders living with you.
- Some spiders enjoy living around moist and unused areas. They prefer to breed and live where there is minimal movement such as basements, attics, sheds and garages. If you notice an influx of spiders in these areas, there is a high possibility of an infestation. Furthermore, their presence is an indication that other pests are thriving on your property as well. Ants, flies and millipedes are the ideal prey for spiders and usually wind up stuck in their webs. If there is an endless buffet in your home, spiders will be in attendance.
Tips for Getting More Value From Spider Fumigation
After you’ve hired a spider control service to return your property to normalcy, you’re safe from pests for a while. However, if you want to ensure you never endure the sight of spiders again, there are a few measures you can implement.
- Ultimately, spiders need food to survive. It’s the primary reason they spin webs – to catch their prey and consume them. Avoid providing them with food in the form of flying insects or those that hover around your light source. Spiders allow their prey to come to them instead of hunting them down, so if you take away their supply, they won’t stick around.
- Use glue boards or sticky traps to trap insects. Inadvertently, spiders seek out a stuck insect and inspect the situation themselves. As a result, they end up stuck in the trap which handles two of your problems with one solution. You can’t cover many areas with these traps because of their size, but you can strategically place them in spaces you think spiders and other insects are active.
- Spiders hate a number of smells that emanate from ingredients you can find in your cupboard. Rub a lemon peel around your window sills and in areas where spiders may thrive. Spiders can’t handle citrus, cinnamon and eucalyptus. Light a cinnamon-scented candle or grow a eucalyptus plant indoors to keep them at bay.
About Oz Pest Adelaide
We have over 14 years of experience in pest control and earned the title of Adelaide’s Best Pest Control in 2018. We use safe methods to treat your private or commercial space and provide a six-month warranty on our services.
Spiders can be a real issue for you and your home
They can make your home look unhygienic.
Spiders can create unrest in your home as spider phobia is quite common.
Some species prefer to stay outdoors in gardens and well lit areas to weave their webs and make their home.
Spiders are attracted to warm, dark small spaces, such as wall cracks, corners, air vents, and the attic of your home.
Speak with an expert
Contact us today to speak about your pest control needs!